Three Simple Ways to Improve Your Instagram Story Engagement
If you are looking for some easy ways to get more engagement on your Instagram stories or you want people to spend more time viewing your content, then these three tips will help…
Don’t panic, these tips are simple, even if you are new to the platform. You just need to get creative with your content and think of ways to encourage followers to watch, engage and screenshot your Instagram stories.
Tip 1: Try adding ‘tap for more’ to your story sections.
Prompting users to ‘tap for more’ can help your Instagram story engagement by:
- Allowing viewers to feel involved and in control of your story.
- Creating curiosity so that users are excited about what is coming next.
- Increase the chances of viewers seeing more of your story, instead of swiping to leave.
Try teasing your viewers with information. For example ask a good question that captures their interest, so that they want to keep watching to find out the answer.
Tip 2: Create content to keep
Another way to get Instagram users to engage with your story is to deliver valuable content that they’ll want to screenshot and save:
- Create an eye catching screensaver image.
- Share a relatable quote.
- Provide a helpful list or a summary of your tips, services or prices.
- Share a promotional offer that they can take into one of your shops.
Tip 3: Ask questions or give them a poll
The most basic way for your viewers to ask you questions is by using the ‘Ask me question sticker’. This allows your audience to ask you anything about your products or services. It shows your followers that you are paying attention and that you value their opinions.
- Use the poll sticker to ask your viewers questions, collect votes and see the overall opinion of your followers.
- Use the question sticker with a sliding bar to allow your audience to score your question high or low. For example ‘How hot is this new product’ and insert the flame emoji onto the sliding bar.