Archive

Spotlight on Social: BranchOut

spencer
23rd April 2012

As far as social media and business networking go, LinkedIn have pretty much dominated the market for years, continuing to grow with no other network coming close to compete with it. That was until two years ago when an app called BranchOut was released exclusively for Facebook.

LinkedIn is still the top network for professionals with 150 million registered users, 125 million more users than BranchOut’s 25 million. But BranchOut is growing rapidly. 25 million might not sound like a lot, but considering the company has only been going for 2 years, its growth has been incredibly strong and is similar to the growth seen at Instagram, the photo sharing app that was bought by Facebook for $1 billion two weeks ago.

Not only is its growth a threat to LinkedIn, but another huge benefit for BranchOut, is its partnership with Facebook. Initially thought of by industry experts as a negative and making it too limited, strictly using Facebook for the app now looks to play into its advantage, with the huge reach and greater exposure that Facebook has to offer with 850 million users.

We’ll have to wait and see how it goes for BranchOut, but the future is looking good and the CEO Rick Martini is ambitious about making this app “the” place to have a professional profile. He told Insider Magazine, “LinkedIn is great for 10% of the workforce. But we can provide professional profiles to the other 90% on Facebook”.

LinkedIn and BranchOut will continue to attract users because they can help to:

– Re-establish previous connections with clients & past colleagues

– Discover new connections and find referrals

– Share and request recommendations

If you are interested in integrating your social media campaigns with your business, contact Innermedia.

Lets Get Started Contact Us
Latest News
blank
Google Light House Speed Update Fixes
In Dec 2018 Google released it’s Light House Update which was a move to review and improve the speed of all websites. It is rare that Google makes updates that force website agencies to implement chargeable updates on their clients’ websites. Although few and far between the changes are always...
blank
How is COVID-19 Affecting Influencer Marketing?
COVID-19 has had an undeniable impact on many industries, including influencer marketing. For those of you who don’t know, ‘influencer marketing’ is similar to celebrity endorsement in that it involves brands working with people who have the power to sway purchasing decisions because of their authority in the online sphere....
blank
Google Showing “Temporarily Closed” for Schools and Businesses
In response to the global pandemic, Google Search and Maps is displaying whether a school, business or other corporation is temporarily closed. In some cases, for instance when a school is open for children of key workers, this information may not be completely correct. With this in mind,  it’s of...