Spotlight on Social: Google+
With Google Plus changing its brand pages (once again) this month, it’s been hard not to take note of how much Google want their social network to work. Google Plus (or +) hasn’t taken off the way many industry experts had imagined but, on paper, Google Plus has some exciting figures, with over 90 million global users already and with Google being determined to make it the success they believe it has the potential to be, big things are to come.
Why your business needs Google Plus:
Most business owners are asking the same question, “do I really need another social network to think about?”
The answer is simple, yes. With Google playing a huge role in how successful businesses are online, ignoring their social network could be a big mistake.
Three Reasons why Google Plus is important for businesses
– Google is notorious for favouring itself! Google have built an incredible search engine with an intelligent algorithm that looks at a number of things to determine how to rank a site and provide users with the best results. We are already seeing the search engine incorporate Google Plus to give users improved results that are relevant to their social circles & search history
– It’s different to other social networks! In the sense that it’s not just a social network, it’s part of Google! “While Facebook and other social networks rely on its users to TELL it what they LIKE, Google will determine it based on (Google Plus) social circles and search history”
– Web content is likely to be indexed quicker if submitted to Google Plus. We are often talking about how vital content is to improving search engine ranking positions and by posting links of content on your website to Google Plus, you can expect content to be indexed quickly by Google.
Where to start?
– First of all, set up a Google Plus Business Page. You can do this by going to http://www.google.com/+/business/
– Add the +1 button to your home page. This can be installed to the homepage to help increase the number of people that +1 your website.
– Add the +1 button to your blog articles. This will give Google Plus users the chance to share your content with other Google Plus users, giving your content a wider reach.