How to Use LinkedIn for Your Business
So you have set up your LinkedIn Company page and now you want to get noticed…?
We’ve put together these simple LinkedIn tips & tricks to help your business stand out and attract new connections…
LinkedIn is a great platform to be seen as an expert in your industry. Using your company page you can share ideas, questions, articles, and links.
But what else should you be doing on LinkedIn to help build an attractive and engaging profile?
Find industry related content you can share
- When you click in the search bar, a drop down will appear with the options ‘People, Jobs and Content’
- Select ‘Content’ and type a keyword relating to your industry.
- You will then see posts relating to this subject.
- Find pieces of content that you find interesting and then share them including a sentence to sum up what you think about it or a fact that stands out. This will make this shared post more engaging.
Regularly check in
To build your LinkedIn presence you should regularly log in and like and share industry related content, as well as posting your own.
Add content to your profile
Boost your credibility and keep your visitors interested, by adding different media to your page. Ideas of content you could add are: a link to one of your blogs, a PowerPoint presentation you have made or a video of company event.
Follow people and services in your industry
This will provide you with inspiration and could also attract skilled professionals for employment.
Optimise your profile
You should try to optimise your company profile with keywords and popular terms in your industry. What would you search for if you were looking for your services?
Add these keywords in your:
– Headline (the tagline that appears under your name)
– Change the default contact label in the ‘Type (Other)’ field (under where you enter your website URL) to reflect keywords your target audience might use to find your service.
– Your summary
– Your “Skills
Ask for Endorsements and Recommendations
Your recommendations build confidence and trust in your services. If you are able to reach out to clients, customers, past/present employees or local companies via linked-in, you should always request recommendations.
– Click the ‘Ask to be Recommended’ link in the top right of the ‘Recommendations’ section and follow the on-screen prompts to fill out and send your request.
Turn on Activity Broadcasts
Under Privacy & Settings, turn on your activity broadcasts. You have probably been alerted when your connections have changed their profiles, made recommendations or followed companies. Update your profile often to increase engagement.
Add Certifications & Awards
LinkedIn also has a special section for accomplishments where you can add certifications, awards and other details important to your services.
– To add an accomplishment, click the + sign in the upper right of the ‘Accomplishments’ section and select from the list that appears.
For more information or advice on how to best use LinkedIn for your company, please get in touch.