Google Says Do Not Duplicate Your Meta Descriptions
Googles head of search spam, Matt Cutts, has released a video expressing the need for unique meta descriptions with in your website pages. His message is clear – do not have duplicate meta descriptions on your website.
He even stated that it was better to have unique meta descriptions or even no meta descriptions at all rather than duplications.
Do you need Website Management?
One of the services that Innermedia provides to it’s clients is website management, a service where each month a detailed report is run on your website checking that everything is up to date and that no information is missing. Here is a list of things we check.
- meta descriptions (new pages, blog articles etc.)
- h1 and h2 tags (page tags that tell Google the theme of the page)
- image alt tags, naming conventions, size (helps with Google image search)
- server errors (404 errors occur when pages indexed by Google are renamed or removed)
- cms updates (version control, plug-in and core language updates – ensure site cannot be hacked)
Please let our team know if you are interested in us helping you keep your site healthy.